Friday, April 27, 2007

Lessons From The Trampoline

Today I was jumping with my 2 1/2 year old daughter on the tramp. We jump on the tramp together for a while and then she wanted to grab my hand and jump. With just one hand it was difficult for us to keep our timing and we couldn't jump very well at all. Then I grabbed her other hand so we held both hands. If we jumped at the same time she could go higher than she ever had jumped on her own. If she jumped a bit before me or a bit after me then I could not keep the momentum to get her up high and we would have to slow down and get our timing together. It was amazing to note that she had to focus her attention on me in order to experiece the greater heights. As she gained confidence in our jumping experience I was able to help her jump higher than ever before and we could go all over the fullness of the tramp and do many other things.

That is how it is in a life with Jesus. When I keep my eyes focussed on Him then I can experience places that I was never able to go on my own and do things that I was never able to do before. If I get ahead of Him or lag behind Him then I'm hindered and I am unable to experiece the fullness of the life that He has for me. You may be wondering if this can be true for you, it can!. There is a verse that says , I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (phil 4:3).

You may have struggled in the past, and on many occassions even asked God to help you be free of your same sex attractions without success. Change is possible, in Christ. Keeping your eyes fixed upon Him and moving with Him are the key. He loves you and desires for you all the fullness of the life that He planned for you from the very beginning. May the Lord richly bless you as you continue to trust in Him.

No comments: