Monday, March 10, 2008

Love that surpasses Knowledge - Intro

I went to a women’s retreat this past weekend with a couple of girl friends. We had a great time being together, getting to know one another more, praying with and for each other, and then worshipping Jesus together, not to mention all the great teaching we received. I was deeply challenged by Jesus to continue to make better choices before Him in my life. As we were driving home I had a lot of time to reflect on all that we experienced and the challenges that Jesus had laid before me.

While reflecting I was thinking about what it takes to move out of the life style and into a life with Jesus. Why is it that some are able and others give up in total frustration and return to what they know and are familiar with. As I was pondering this the Lord brought two scriptures to mind that I want to share with you. I don’t claim to have all the answers and I also do not want you to believe that the transition out of the life style is easy, simple, or impossible.

The two scriptures are 2 Peter 1:5-11 and Ephesians 3:14-21. Now as I’m sitting here thinking about just what is it that I want to say, I’m realizing that this may be a very long entry, so get your coffee, find a good moment of time and then continue.

In my 2nd paragraph above, the first line may lead you to believe that it is the gay life or a life with Jesus, that they are mutually exclusive. I do not believe that to be true. What I’m trying to say and what I’ve personally experienced in my life is that living a life in Jesus must be your first priority. If you maintain your personal commitment to being in the life style then you will remain there. If what you are looking for is a closer relationship with Jesus then this must be 1st and foremost in your heart, mind, soul, and strength.

Since you are reading this I will presume that you already have a relationship with Jesus. If you do not you can go to this link and see how to start your relationship with Jesus: http://guidance.gospelcom.net/answer.htm (I have no personal connections with this site, I just did a quick Google search, read the site, and decided that it’s presentation is biblical and easily read.) I’m also assuming that you have a desire to leave the life style. It has not met your needs and has left you frustrated.

I believe that there are two parts to drawing nearer to Jesus. The first part is what Jesus does for us and to us (Eph 3:14-21) and the second is what we do (2 Pet 1:5-11). We have a part in a transformed life and if we fail to participate actively in our life with Jesus then we will fail for sure.

No comments: